As the embodiment of Christ in the world today we desire to remain true to that identity. We desire our actions to reflect the reality of being part of Christ's body and as such, part of Gods family. In the 40 year old history of our parish that has always been our desire. We realize that we are broken, but in our brokenness we are seeking the One True Physician, Christ. He continually heals us on the journey in and towards eternal peace in His Kingdom.
Holy Covenant is established by the grace and power of the Holy Spirit. The local parish of Holy Covenant came to life In 1977 and is a member of the Evangelical Orthodox Church. The Evangelical Orthodox Church is a part of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church, the body of Christ. Through the years her calling has been tested by increase and decrease in congregational numbers, by blessings and hurts, by weakness and strength. Still her calling holds true.
- Her pastoral calling to restore, revive and remember the broken in the world.
- Her royal calling, to reveal the presence and arrival of the Kingdom of heaven.
- Her prophetic calling of repentance and reconciliation. Reminding the body of
Christ that communion in the Church is founded in the Father, revealed in the Son
through the Holy Spirit.
The vision statement that we are currently working on to implement and follow is to:
- reflect the love of God to those around us, no matter class, creed or race.
(John 13:35; 1 Cor 13; Galatians 3:28)
- bridge Eastern and Western Christianity, recommending the virtues of each to the other.
(1 Corinthians 12; John 17:6-26; Phillipians 4:8)
- emulate and encourage the existence and growth of the family.
(Ephesians 2:19 - 22; 1 Corinthians 12:12 – 14; Acts 2:42-47)
- teach and practice the Christian faith handed down throughout the ages.
(Jude 1:3; Deuteronomy 6:6-7)
- be a place of peace, healing & thanksgiving.
(2 Corinthians 13:11; Psalm 69:30; 1 Corinthians 10:16-17; James 5:13 – 16)
For more information about our history and theology, please visit: